Instagram is an online service that allows users to share photos, view videos, and build social networks. The service makes it easy to share photos on other social media channels like Facebook or Twitter. Like most social media platforms, Instagram has found its place in the world of Internet marketing. Businesses can use it to generate relevant images and get their followers to share them.
If you run a restaurant, Instagram is something you need to integrate into your marketing plans and into your corporate website design. Here are six ways you can leverage this service for your restaurant:
- Let your clients do the work. Encourage them to take photos and share them on Instagram. Be sure to link your Instagram profile into those photos. This lets your customers have fun and generate traffic for you at the same time.
- Create a game with a reward. A great example is the best picture of the week gets the photo taker a free lunch. Do this for a few weeks and you will see plenty of people coming to participate in the game and eat your food.
- Use Instagram photos to create fun images for your website or menu. Every restaurant menu and website has pictures of dressed up plates of appetizing food. Your menu and corporate website design can stand out by highlighting some spontaneous pictures you or a customer takes in the restaurant. It engages your audience and builds customer loyalty.
- Let’s you build a following…that you can follow right back. As your customers start engaging with you on Instagram, your audience widens naturally as they share pictures. As you gain a follower, follow them right back. This helps create a personal relationship with your customers.
- You can embed fresh new photos every day on your website. When you have an activeInstagram campaign going on, capture photos every day. Upload and display them on your corporate website design. Putting up a photo with a caption like “Dan proposed to Tammy in our restaurant yesterday. Congratulations!!” will grab people’s attention.
- Reach out by inspiring potential new customers. When you project a fun environment full of happy people and great food, you will see people paying attention. They will want to see what is gong on and make their own visit. This will spread quicker than you might think.
You know that building a successful restaurant is about building relationships with customers and providing them with a great dining experience. You can leverage Instagram to build those critical relationships so that customers will come in and see how your restaurant’s dining experience is.
How do you plan on using Instagram for your restaurant?